Sunday, February 5, 2012

To Will on your 1st Birthday

About a month ago it all started to hit me.  I was talking to the women at the meat counter at Jewel (who are soooo nice and LOVE Will) about my "baby."  She asked me how old he was and after stumbling around for his age I finally said "wow he is about 1."  She smiled and gave us our free piece of cheese while I on the other hand nearly lost it right there in the middle of the grocery store - when did my baby turn into a toddler?? One whole year has come and gone.  I have always been a super anxious person and before Will most of my family and friends knew me as a stressed out sales rep always chasing a number and a goal.  I wished the days, weeks and quarters away and was always on a countdown to the next vacation or break from the rat race.  Now life is 100% different.  Don't get me wrong I still look forward and LOVE counting down to a fun vacation or seeing family but I never wish days away since having Will in my life.  There have been hard days, sleepless days, sick days and lonely days but never a day that I did not look down at my beautiful boy and wish for the next.  Each day is truly a blessing and the joy that Will has brought to Jason and my life is indescribable.  We have both learned so much in this past year but above all I think we have learned how to love more then we ever knew we were capable of.  So quickly our wedding day got bumped down to the #2 spot because February 5, 2011 was truly the best day of my life and I hope (will the help of this blog) I always remember every detail about Will's BIRTH day.  

I love you Will so much and love you more every second of every day.  My wish for you on your first birthday is to always smile with that twinkle in your eye, always laugh like there is no care in the world and always trust that your Mom and Dad will be there for you for the rest of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment