Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Your Welcome Mommy - Happy Birthday

For some reason Will told me "Your Welcome" all day when we talked about my birthday.  Not sure were we mixed him up with the standard birthday greeting but he sure thought that was it!  I'll take it!

It was a great day - 31 feels awesome and I couldn't have a more perfect little family.  There were for sure alot of super special things about today - making a cake with Will at 7am and watching him DESTROY a piece later that night, getting some great gifts and cards and having Jason home a little early to have fun at the park.  But also today was very much like any other day - I just took a moment to realize how super special it was.  Walking with Will to school as he sang "I've been working on the railroad" at the top of his lungs, getting up with Sam TWICE in the middle of the night for the most peaceful moments in the world, nursing Sam while Will snuggled up next to us (head against Sam's head) for a book (The Little Engine that Could) before nap time, watching both boys look at new toy with the same excitement and rocking my sweet Sam to bed over and over as his cuts another tooth looking at him fast asleep in my arms.  I could go on and on.  All this stuff happens more or less every day but I am so glad it takes things like birthdays to get us hormonal nursing mom's to step back and just look at the wonderful things we have right in front of our eyes.  It was a great day - and tomorrow will be a great day too and someday I will look back and long for the exhausting days with my babies but for now I will keep getting up in the middle of the night and treat myself to some extra snuggles and kisses whenever I can :)

Sam slept through all of the birthday activities that night but I snapped this picture at the playground that evening.  My gosh could he be any cuter - he is such a LOVE BUG.  Best birthday blessing in the whole world

Step 1: Bake the cake (6:30am this morning)
Step 2:  Frost the cake!

Getting some help with the candles

This picture cracks me up of us putting sprinkles on the cake.  Will is shoving them in his mouth!  Classic



1 comment:

  1. Forever and ever Amen. Happy birthday! For Lew's birthday we did pretty much (it sounds like) exactly what you did. Though he played golf in the morning, came home early, G and I made him a birthday cake, G helped him blow out the candles, lots of play time with daddy, bath and then bed. G had a nightmare two nights ago and it was pretty funny how concerned Lew was about it. When we got home from our date G was awake and staring at the walls so Lew went in to check on him. This morning G told me about ... "mama daddy came in to see me, he didn't turn on the fish though." His little projector noise thing. So funny. I love my babies. I hope they stay sweet and cuddly and simple the whole of their lives. :)

    ReplyDelete