Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Simple Things

This past weekend Jason, Em, Nick and I were all sitting out on the deck having a birthday dinner and a couple glasses of wine. After my first glass of wine I brought up a couple of my "deep thoughts" which for anyone who knows me this isn't the first time you have heard these thoughts. So I went on about how crazy to think I left my job where I was making money, to have Will and spend more money :) I mean who would do that - doesn't it seem counter productive. **Let me remind you I was a glass of wine deep** So after Em, Nick and Jason all shook their heads Em took over the conversation and said how important of a job we have raising our children because someday they will join society and make this world a better place. So although we all agreed and then laughed once again at my crazy "deep thoughts" it did get me thinking about how truly lucky I am to have the opportunity to stay home with Will every day. No I am not making money anymore (and I love you Jason for working so hard to take care of our family) but the simple things that fill my heart every day are far more fulfilling then any direct deposit I have ever received. And so I list those simple things so that I never forget in the years to come how special it is to bring a life into this world and raise him to be an amazing man someday.

Simple Things:
1. Rubbing the softest skin ever on the bottom of Will's feet
2. Playing the "teddy bear dance" everything night while I am getting Will's PJ's on
3. Putting Will on the changing table and watching him turn his head as if to say "um Mom it's time for the teddy bear dance song"
4. First walks in the freezing cold days of Chicago with Will all bundled up the in the Bjorn just so we could go to Starbucks
5. Twinkle eyes with a flash of a smile
6. Rubbing his little Pom Pom head
7. Sitting in a Kinko's watching Will sleep so he can stay cool
8. Naps with a warm little body laid across my chest
9. Screams of joy from the jungle mat as I make breakfast
10. Sitting by the crib holding his binki in his mouth for what seems like hours somedays
11. The smell after a warm bath and cozy pj's
12. The smile flashed during a break from eating
13. Discovery of a new thing - feet, hands, the little friend down there :)
14. The silence during the night after a feeding while we rock for a extra couple minutes just because I am not ready to go back to bed
15. The mornings when Jason thought Will slept through the night - even went he got up multiple times
16. The pucker of a bottom lip
17. The excitement in the morning when its time to get up
18. Reaching over to make sure everything was ok during those early days in the bassinet
19. Finally learning to turn off the volume in the monitor
20. They way Wills little face loves to be held cheek to cheek next to me - as if he is saying "I love you mom"

And so I leave you with one more simple thing - he is all ours :)




No comments:

Post a Comment