Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Will's big weekend!

Over Memorial Day weekend we all traveled to my parents house in Connecticut for Will's Big Day/Weekend. It was a big weekend for many reasons - first swim, got to play with his cousin James, went on a swing, got to wear some new rompers :) but most important we had Will's Baptism at St. Bernard's Church where I made my confirmation. It was an awesome weekend filled with lots of fun and great pictures!!

**First Swim in the Pool - Well not really the pool, we took him in the hot tub and heated it to about 98 degrees. He loves the bath so I wasn't to surprised when he loved the hot tub. I don't know what was more fun putting on the adorable bathing suit Auntie Kelly got him or seeing him smile as he splashed in the water! I think there will be a kiddy pool in our future on our deck - just cause we live in the city doesn't mean we can't have a pool right!

Rocking his new swim trunks! They went down to his ankles but were so cute.

Swimming with Daddy in the hot tub. Love those chubby little arms.

Loving the water!

Hey who is that kid in the ducky? Oh that's cousin James!! Goof ball :)

**Playing with Cousin James - It was so fun to be home with Em, Nick and Jamesy boy for a long weekend. James is such a busy little guy now that he is walking all over - the poor kid nearly played himself to exhaustion every day! Will loved to watch James move all over the house and yard. James was great with his cousin Will - he was very curious at first who this other baby was and proceeded to climb on my lap and give me "kisses" - but after a while he got less jealous and was very gentle with Will. :) I can't wait to watch them grow up together and be best of friends!!


"Umm who is that baby and what is he doing playing with my Uncle Jason?"

Jamesy eating up everything in sight!

Will wanted a turn. He was a little small but he loved to sit up right like a big kid. We have to keep telling him he is still just a baby

Best friends forever! Will 4 months, James 14 months

New swing set in my parents side yard - Will loved his baby swing.

James and Nick building sand castles - My Dad put a big tent over the sandbox to keep it in the shade and James played for hours!


**Will's Big Day! - It was a beautiful day on Sunday and a perfect day for the baptism! It was not a part of mass it was just a private ceremony for Will and another family of twins born 1 day before Will. It was such a special ceremony with a great message. One thing I really liked that the Deacon said was how special babies are and how much we can learn from them. These little creatures love everyone and need nothing more then a smile or kiss from us to get the biggest most heart warming smile and giggle in return. I really liked this message because it truly made me stop and realize how much Will has taught me. My life has slowed down 10 fold. I no longer am on my phone all day emailing, watching TV or rushing about doing errands - its now as simple as laying on a blanket reading a book, telling stories or singing songs to Will while he stares back at me with the most loving and adoring look in his eye. Life has become so busy but at the same time so simple since we have had Will. What I used to think was important is meaningless now. Will has taught me how to love more than I ever thought possible. I am so lucky to have the opportunity to teach Will the many wonders of this world and both Jason and I took on the commitment this Sunday to raise him in the church. Thank you to all our friends and family for making this day so special and being a part of Will's life.


Proud parents - and yes I had to put the bonnet on for one picture :)



Family picture with the man of the hour :)


Will was up from his nap, in his party romper and all smiles!






No comments:

Post a Comment